First stab at mousewheel-controlled AD9850 Arduino VFO

I've decided that Jan's current VFO code is just a little too ambitious for me to integrate mouse support into just yet. I'll revisit that once I've got more Arduino experience.

Instead, I've decided to go with the AD7C VFO that inspired it.

Here is my first attempt. (edit: you don't want that one... see end for latest, and history)

It's full of serial debugging stuff, as the AD9850 and LCD are still on order. It certainly seems to increment and decrement the frequency, and the left mouse button is used in place of Button A and changes the increment value.

The AD9850 module and LCD have arrived. I still lack some basic test equipment (frequency counter, RF probes, etc.), but a quick test with a transistor radio suggests it's oscillating and adjustable. I have three of these coming soon, so I should hopefully have a functional 40M receiver shortly. Yeah, I know Pixies are supposed to be abominable, but my soldering skills are rusty and they were dirt cheap. Plus, I want to experiment with construction techniques to build and add in a few different DSB modulator designs I've seen.


v0.5 - 20170509
v0.4 - 20170430
v0.3 - 20170427
v0.2 - 20170426
v0.1 - 20170425

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Post!

PS/2 Mouse to Arduino